An awesome example of Motivation Letter





Dated: 6th September, 2013


To
The authority
2013/2014 Fellowship
The Adopt a Negotiator Project.

Subject: Application for Fellowship.

Dear Sir/Madam,

In response to your advertisement which is published in the The Adopt a Negotiator Project website, I would like to apply as a candidate for the 2013/2014 Fellowship Program. I understood from your advertisement that, The Adopt a Negotiator
Project wants to nominate a candidate for this program, who has an outstanding background in climate change as a communicator. I think I am enormously fit for this fellowship program.

Tell us how you hope to make use of the opportunity to participate in the upcoming climate talks? What kind of impact do you think you could have on the effort to respond to climate change? How might your participation help shape your country’s role in responding to climate change? Each fellow has unique set of skills and contacts. Use this letter to make us understand how you will leverage those personal resources to make the most of the fellowship.


Bangladesh, where currently I am living, is most vulnerable country in the context of climate change issue. Like Bangladesh there are many states who are suffering with the bad impact of climate change. But there are no quick remedies for them. They need deep cooperation from the richer countries to reduce the harm. That’s why we need to talk in favor of the poor country. We have to raise voice to protect their rights. They are not responsible for climate change, but it's going to take responsibility for them. There are many countries in the world where people can’t take minimum food in a day but they have to responsibility of climate change! It is inhuman!

If I get the chance to join in this fellowship program I will raise voice against this inhuman. I'll try to understand the negotiator, how we can save the poor people from the climate change impact, how can be protected them from this loss. Our role is to protect victims in many ways, I'll try to understand it to the negotiator. I will talk and interview the negotiator and the delegation team about this issue. My work will be, make them committed to do something for the vulnerable specially for the child and women who are suffering most. 

Millions of people of my country’s going to be loose their livelihood and household for the impact of climate change. I will raise my voice with the global community for these people, so that they can get the compensation.


My working organization, The Daily Bhorer Kagoj is a top circulated Bengali newspaper in Bangladesh. I am reporting here as a staff reporter. Basically I do report about administration, politics and corruption. But I have exposer in several fields of reporting. My passion is environmental related journalism also.

Here I can share one thing. In February of this year, there is a big incident in Bangladesh. War criminals are going to be punished here. Young people raise the voice about this issue using the Social Media. If I get the chance to join in this program I will make some stories about Social Media or New Media’s influence in Politics in Bangladesh. How Social Media can make a social leader and then a national leader! – I will give some recent example in Bangladesh. Dr. Imran H. Sarkar became a social leader only because of his Facebook profile! Really is there any influence or impact in politics about New Media such as Facebook, Twitter, Google plus including so many blogs in Bangladesh, I will find out it to make my news-story.

In my journalistic career I have done many kinds of reporting. From human rights to environmental issues, politics to health issues, business reporting to educational reporting in Bangladesh. I have immense experience of inter-government issues. Now I am involved with covering all sorts of assignment centering administration and government.
I have awarded from the Government of Bangladesh (GoB) for excellent reporting on the Climate Change impact on food security in Bangladesh. Those reports were an emphasis on women, children and sustainable development. I also awarded WFP Media Award-2008 for best reporting in Food Security, which can be destroyed by the impact of climate change.
Beside that I have achieved UNAIDS Media Award-2007 for best reporting about HIV & AIDS. Moreover I am fellow of UNESCO, Press Institute of Bangladesh (PIB) and Journalism Training & Research Initiative (JATRI). I traveled in Malaysia in the year of 2007 to cover an international seminar on tourism. Last year (26 March-06 April 2012) I have successfully completed an international training course named freedom and responsibility in the media in Chennai, India. It was jointly organized by International Institute for Journalism (IIJ), Germany and Asian College of Journalism (ACJ), India. That was for young journalists from South Asia. Recently I joined in a workshop at the Centre for Science and Environment (CSE) in Delhi. This course was about New Media tools for journalists.
Now if the East - West Center selects me to participate this fellowship program, I believe that it will be seriously helpful for my career. It will certainly help me to gain experience in economic, social and political developments in the USA, Japan and China including the situation of Myanmar also. And as a third world & developing country Bangladesh needs that kind of reporting for its vulnerability to uphold the facts and figure, problems and solutions as well as.

In the finishing point, I would like to say that I am able to communicate in English smoothly. I have had exposure and experience of traveling abroad. I am young, energetic and self-motivated and dedicated journalist. So it is my belief that, if I get the chance to join this program I have the ability to finish it efficiently. I hope the program will enrich my knowledge and experience which will certainly help me contribute more to the nation and the world also.
For any further query, you can reach me at my mobile phone +8801712 28 69 49  or +8801713 14 77 63. You can also e-mail me at moniazadi@yahoo.com  or  press.moni@gmail.com.

Thank you very much.


Yours truly,


sign

Mohammad Mahmudul Hasan (Pen Name: Moni Mahmud)
Staff Reporter
The Daily Bhorer Kagoj




As I have been engaged with “Journalism” right from the beginning of graduation studies in University of Chittagong and by the time being developed interpersonal relationship with the society in every aspect. Our society has been motivated by the traditional culture and emotion due to the political and geological factors that I have learnt through the experience till now.
As a journalist I found the reader of the newspaper of this country are really very much aware and conscious of the contemporary events of the society. My realization and active participation started with the society through the reader of newspaper because the demand of information and it’s by rotation follow up to the development sector is the key factor of my vision.
2. In my point of view the most important challenges of my country is unsustainable political situation and its consequences. We started our journey to democracy in the year 1991 and a democratic government has been formed but since then we have been facing unsustainable political condition, till then after every five years we are being ruled by the two major political parties of the country but the problem is when the party who is in the opposition they call strike and other political activities which are mostly at the maximum level of violence. They brought out the issue based on corruption made by the government, I agree the point of this issue of corruption of our country but the way of expression the anger by the opposition party to the government are not acceptable cause mostly it goes against the public interest of our country.

2.b It would be a great opportunity for me to attend this program as I will be able to meet other participants from other South Asian countries. Sharing views will be very important in terms of other country’s system of solution addressing to the core problem of the development sector. After few years of experience in the journalism field I personally developed an online newspaper www.bartabangla.com. Beside that, I established another online portal, which is completely based on development sector www.ngonewsbd.com. Through these portal so many young people are working in my team under one umbrella. Already I have planned to share my experience with other participants and as well as could be able to share the solution of unsustainable political solution of my country. Moreover, may be some new ideas can be generated from them that can be implemented in my country which would be productive to our young society.

3. As a professional journalist I usually try to disseminate in my writings the message how to protect human rights. When I see any violence against human I write news, feature story or commentary, so that respective authority can take necessary action. My country facing a lot of problem with sustainable democratic development as here we have various obstacles to gain it. I used to write the news-stories and analytical articles, how we become a modern democratic and developed country in every sector. Beside that, as a journalist I used to search the facts what is the main barrier to build my country as a vibrant, peaceful and economically solvent. Not only as a journalist but also a sensible citizen of the country I create an obstruction against human rights violence with different ways. Moreover, I do blogging about basic human rights situation in Bangladesh. 
4. I follow Prof. Dr. Muhammad Yunus as my mentor, who has great impact on me. He is a Nobel laureate and has been serving our society nationwide to change social condition, to improve poverty, to improve human rights and overall changes that brings positive impact to our country. He was a teacher of Chittagong University where I have studied. Since my university life I have followed him to make myself in a position to help the poor people of our country through my work. His work has inspired me to work as a social activist rather than a corporate. I believe that the peace and comfort of social activities is not available for any other purpose than that, journalism also can be considered as social work.
5. Apart from my job I have several online portals. BartaBanla.com and NGO News are two of them. To protect human rights I would like to utilize my profession to build a ruthless society. Within upcoming five years I want to establish myself as a young leader of social worker, who can play a vital role to change the society in every aspect. In addition with the existence responsibility I also dedicate myself to establish to build long term democracy in our country, where human rights and development of democracy will come under priority.
6.
By joining this program I would be able to get deep knowledge about human rights, long-term and sustainable democracy, contemporary world politics through other young participants from different parts of this globe. At the same time, I would be benefited and guided by the resource person towards adapting policy based on culture, society, politics, human rights, sustainable democracy and overall social development. I strongly believe, existing standard of my profession will be increased through the communicative network among the participants of this program.


Next, we want your pitch. Please prepare a letter of intent, maximum of 1-page in length written in English . Use this letter to convince us that we should award you a 2013/2014 Fellowship. Tell us how you hope to make use of the opportunity to participate in the upcoming climate talks? What kind of impact do you think you could have on the effort to respond to climate change? How might your participation help shape your country’s role in responding to climate change? Each fellow has unique set of skills and contacts. Use this letter to make us understand how you will leverage those personal resources to make the most of the fellowship.





No comments:

Post a Comment